Concrete and clay tiles are two of the best materials for commercial and residential roofing. Besides adding to your property’s value and aesthetic appeal, the tiles are made to last and can endure some of the most extreme weather conditions. Tile roofs can provide resistance from high winds, torrential rains, hail, fire, and earthquakes.
- Concrete tiles offer strength.
- Clay tiles are colorfast.
- Clay and concrete tiles are beneficial both cost wise and versatile.
One of the best things about concrete and clay tile roofing systems is that their proven resilience enables manufacturers to offer the longest warranties in the industry. A minimum 50-year limited warranty is standard among the best tile manufacturers worldwide. This means that for as long as you own your home, your roofing material is covered.
Portland cement, aggregate, and water are the main ingredients of concrete tiles. Color pigments and synthetic oxide additives are often added to enhance the look of the final product. These materials are combined in varying proportions before going through a high-pressure compaction and extrusion process in order to produce the unfinished tile.
For added protection, exposed surfaces are finished with either an acrylic coating or cementitious material. After this, the tiles are cured until they reach the required strength. Concrete tiles are generally the least expensive type of roofing tile.
Clay tiles are produced by baking processed and molded clay in industrial kilns. The length of time and the temperature at which the clay is baked will determine the tiles’ density and strength.
Although they do not strictly require further treatment after baking, manufacturers frequently glaze or apply surface texture treatment on clay tiles. One of the main selling points of clay tiles is their colorfastness. Unlike with concrete tiles, the colors of clay tiles actually improve during their lifetime, making them an excellent investment for any property owner.
The Benefits of Concrete and Clay Tiles
- Low maintenance requirements
- Fire, weather, and pest resistance
- Low long-term cost
- Versatility – available in a variety of colors, sizes, and shapes
- Energy efficiency – sheds solar heat during summer, insulates during winter
- Eco-friendliness – made of natural ingredients; recyclable
- Concrete and clay tile roofs from Redhammer Roof Group offer outstanding longevity for a reasonable price. With routine maintenance every year or two, your roof can last a lifetime.
To learn more about concrete and clay tile roofing systems from Redhammer Roof Group, call our office at (816) 965-6220 today!