If there’s anything most roofing contractors agree on, it’s this: metal roofs are the top choice when it comes to premium roofing products. All property owners recognize the need for a roofing system that can withstand the elements while still looking excellent as it protects your home or building. Let’s talk a little bit about metal roofing and see if it is the right choice for your home.
- Metal roofing materials
- Metal roof applications
- Advantages of installing a metal roof
The initial cost of a premium metal roof is generally higher compared to most other materials. However, it can last a lifetime, increase the resale value of your property, and save you up to 35% on homeowner’s insurance premiums. The fact that metal roofs can outperform virtually every other roofing material makes it the surest and most valuable roofing investment anyone can make.
About Metal Roofing Materials
A variety of materials are used for metal roofs, the most common of which include corrugated galvanized steel, painted or stone-coated steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and copper. Alloys of zinc, aluminum, and silicon-coated steel are also frequently used as raw roofing materials or base metal for roofing purposes because of their superior outdoor corrosion resistance and long life expectancy.
Metal Roof Applications
Because they hold up well under the toughest conditions, metal roofs can be used for a broad range of building applications. Metal roofs are used not only for homes and commercial establishments, but for industrial and agricultural buildings as well.
Virtually the only thing that can have a significant negative effect on metal roof performance, barring poor installation, is a harsh chemical environment.
The Advantages of Installing a Metal Roof
- High strength to weight ratio
- Excellent warranties
- Outstanding weather, fire, and spark resistance
- Low maintenance requirement
- Flexibility in design and finish – Modern metal roofs can mimic the look of traditional roofing materials such as clay tile, slate, cedar shake, and asphalt shingle.
- Unmatched longevity – A metal roofing system can last 2 to 3 times longer than an asphalt roof.
- Eco-friendliness and energy-efficiency – Metal roofing can save you as much as 20 to 30% on cooling costs.
As Kansas City’s leading roofing contractor, Redhammer Roof Group has worked with a wide variety of metal roofing materials from top manufacturers in the industry. Call us at (816) 965-6220 to find out how we can give you the best roof for your property today!